The Stick Cult
test
The Stick Cult
test
The Stick Cult
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Don't forget to read the rules and guidelines here!

Questions/Answers

Go down 
+6
Friday
Damien
Grin
Walton
Fishguts
Resool
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nastydog
Mongrel Sticklord
Nastydog

Questions/Answers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:13 am

Tonbei wrote:
I'd much prefer the bio link over signatures personally. I asked about signatures because we couldn't link to bios through profiles!

Actually, in the beginning I planned on having signatures only editable by moderators/admins, so that we could apply the biography page, character name, some other info/etc. in there to make everything look much more uniform as things went along. However, I did not get a chance to test it out (nor did my memory help me remember to) and I didn't know how others would feel about it. I never did anything with it because I was usually busied with other things, but it still might be something that could happen in the future.

Tonbei wrote:
Then again, I'd be okay with signatures if GIFs weren't allowed in them. Those are distracting when reading posts in succession!

Definitely. I'd most likely put an image size restrain if anything, and not allow gifs  over a certain file size. (Or a certain amount of frames... Subtle gifs I never really bothered with, but an image that's 700+ pixels wide with more than a few frames is the bane of my post reading existence!)

What COULD happen (soon hopefully) is the application of the "uniform" signatures, then have people just post the gifs they may want in their signatures in a topic to be approved. We'll see once I get to tweak with things a bit more and get more time on my hands. ;__;
Back to top Go down
http://hornsofanarchy.tumblr.com/
Walton
Captain Walnut
Walton

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 3:01 am

I think that having the bios editable by mods/admins only and putting a summarized bio in it would be a wonderful help.
Back to top Go down
http://caffeinecollie.deviantart.com
Damien
The Weeping Willow

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 3:13 am

I don't have a class yet. When will I be getting one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheredidringo.tumblr.com
Nastydog
Mongrel Sticklord
Nastydog

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:28 am

@Damien I haven't been home for a while so I haven't been messing with classes and what have you. (If that doesn't make any sense, think of it as a small brain vacation. c:) You'll most likely get one sometime really soon since I will be heading home tomorrow. I apologize for the delay!

@Walton It'd definitely an idea I'd like to see applied nicely!
Back to top Go down
Damien
The Weeping Willow

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:57 am

@Nastydog thanks man I just wanted to clarify
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheredidringo.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 10:49 pm

No rush Nasty :). There's lots for us to do in the meantime here!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Twigblade
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Woah. I haven't shared one bit of my character...but...Is this my character? I mean, it's gorgeous but I didn't know Nastydog was some sort of psychic..xD

But yeah...is this my character, or just an original profile pic that new user usually have when they login?
Back to top Go down
Friday
Guardian of Sticks
Friday

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Sora wrote:
Woah. I haven't shared one bit of my character...but...Is this my character? I mean, it's gorgeous but I didn't know Nastydog was some sort of psychic..xD

But yeah...is this my character, or just an original profile pic that new user usually have when they login?
This is just the default avatar, yes.
I say don't doubt Nastydog's psychic abilities, though.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Twigblade
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 pm

oh, I'm I'm sorry? :I

Anyway thanks...
Back to top Go down
Nastydog
Mongrel Sticklord
Nastydog

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:54 pm

Sora wrote:
oh, I'm I'm sorry? :I

Anyway thanks...

Your current icon is the default icon that applies to everyone's account when they are first created. It's simply a placeholder until you change your icon. If it looks like your character, sorry... Heh... It was just something I randomly created as the default Stick Cult website avatar.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian
Sticklash Whiplash
Sebastian

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 pm

One question about starting role play, if you don't mind c:
Do we start role play at the Stick Shrine as soon as we get our class, or as soon as we complete our biography?
Back to top Go down
Nastydog
Mongrel Sticklord
Nastydog

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Sebastian wrote:
One question about starting role play, if you don't mind c:
Do we start role play at the Stick Shrine as soon as we get our class, or as soon as we complete our biography?

The order is: Make a biography, get a class from either me or Mordant, post on the Stick Shrine, then post anywhere else.

Sorry for any delay on getting a title. We generally have to review all of the biographies.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian
Sticklash Whiplash
Sebastian

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Alright, that clears things up, thank you!

And, there's no delay c:
Back to top Go down
Sora
Twigblade
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Is our characters just based on wolves, or different animals?
Back to top Go down
Akemu
Prickly Pine
Akemu

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 am

If I can haz class, I can make posty? Yush, yush?

I apologize for my bio being boring. No special or unique features for Kem ;P I guess he'll have to earn them.
Back to top Go down
Nastydog
Mongrel Sticklord
Nastydog

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 am

(Answered Sora's question this via PM.)

Akemu wrote:
If I can haz class, I can make posty? Yush, yush?

I apologize for my bio being boring. No special or unique features for Kem ;P I guess he'll have to earn them.

Due to Easter break, we've been a little busied. I will review your bio ASAP, I promise.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Answers   Questions/Answers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions/Answers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Stick Cult :: The Stick Cult :: Stick Cult FAQ-
Jump to: